Vibes, Chicago, IL – Software Engineer
May 2016 - Present
Software Engineer on a team focused on developing features for the company’s CRM platform, Catapult, used to create and manage mobile marketing campaigns for major brands across the US and Canada.
- Build and maintain features for Catapult in Ruby/Rails, HTML, Sass, and BackboneJS
- Work with fellow Engineers on front-end initiatives, such as code standards/style guides, better tooling, and new framework & architecture for platform
- Work with Design/UX to ensure that implemented feature matches original vision
GoHealth, Chicago, IL – Web Engineer, Leads
October 2015 - February 2016
One of the lead developers on a team focusing on building technology for lead generation and lead distribution, one of the company's primary channels for revenue.
- Work with Business Analysts, Product Owners, and business stakeholders to create an implementation proposal for a lead generation site platform as a replacement for the existing legacy codebase
- Identify, document, and prioritize existing technical debt for various systems and work with Product Owner to translate into new projects
- Maintain existing projects according to business needs
GoHealth, Chicago, IL – Web Engineer, Shopping
February 2014 - October 2015
Developer on a mid-sized product team with the primary responsibility of building and maintaining features for the GoHealth Marketplace, a shopping platform for the purchase of health insurance as part of the Affordable Care Act.
- Build and maintain features for the GoHealth Marketplace in AngularJS, HTML, and Sass with the occasional dash of Groovy and Ruby.
- Founder of a group to foster and improve upon company's developer culture by helping to organize hackathons and other developer-centric events
- Function as a liaison between UX and Dev/Product teams to bring knowledge and awareness to usability practices and champion a user-centered approach to building applications
GoHealth, Chicago, IL – Web Developer, Consumer Marketing
January 2011 - February 2014
Developer on a small sub-team of the marketing team with a focus on updating and maintaining GoHealthInsurance.com, various lead generation sites, and the company’s call center application.
- Primary developer on a full-scale site redesign project for GoHealthInsurance.com, with a focus on improving code standards and introducing new technologies (LESS)
- Re-architect and develop new version of internal call center application with other developers using PHP and KnockoutJS
- Active participant in technical discussions to migrate web properties to a static site model to allow for faster and more flexible development
- Creator of a small app for proxying web requests to be used in development of static sites
- Creator of a web app used by the team for coordinating weekly lunches
CME Group, Chicago, IL – Enterprise Architecture Intern
June 2010 - August 2010
Intern on the Enterprise Architecture team, focusing on learning about the role of Technology at a large company while focusing on a specific project during the duration of the internship.
- Develop an internal-facing web application in .NET (C#) and Oracle SQL to monitor disk space usage of the company's applications
- Work with full-time employees and interns to get feedback and improve usability of application
- Attend learning sessions and classes with other interns to learn about the company's background and functions